Tuesday, January 11, 2005

After the heads start rolling, rolling, rolling...

Well, Mary Mapes comments concerning her dismissal from CBS are full of factual holes and omissions of fact. There's enough out there in the blogosphere analyzing her response point by point. I don't think I could add much. My favorite part? Read the following quote:

"I am heartened to see that the panel found no political bias on my part, as indeed I have none."

One of my contentions about the mainstream media has always been that: (1) they're overwhelmingly liberal, and (2) they consider their political/cultural leanings to be ' we're-all-middle-of-the-road-and-that's-how-most-of-America-thinks-too' perspective. How could a journalist like Mapes make a statement like that and expect anyone to believe it? I think she does, because she believes it.

No comments: